Aidan Coyle (she/her)
I'm a curious and detail oriented software engineer with a background in web application development, platform infrastructure, and devops tooling.
Phone Number: 970-443-4538
Technologies: Rails, Sidekiq, Redis, Postgresql, React, AWS (IAM, S3, SNS, SQS, Lambda), Docker, Terraform, Kubernetes, Git
Senior Software Engineer: January 2023 - October 2023
- Designed and implemented a system for tagging important locations in shipments. Built an API in a dedicated shipment data service and integrated it with front-end tools.
- Assisted in transitioning operations tooling to a new front-end. Worked with other teams to move over significant components within the framework of a larger launch schedule.
Senior Software Engineer: January 2022 - January 2023
- Designed a flexible analytics data service for our customer insights page. Worked with our data architecture team and our front-end designer to account for a wide variety of use cases.
- Orchestrated efforts to redesign our flow for new listings to integrate directly with Salesforce. Coordinated with product and architecture teams for a smooth deployment.
- Mentored junior engineers on best practices in Ruby and Rails development through pair programming and code reviews.
Senior Systems Engineer: June 2020 - January 2022
- Designed, developed, and published arbiter, a web service for users to browse Terraform state without needing direct access to the state files. (GitHub repo)
- Designed and developed an internal tool that allows users to generate AWS IAM credentials using their LDAP login.
- Worked with other infrastructure teams to manage the acquisition of OnDeck Capital, including taking over maintenance of their AWS cloud infrastructure.
Senior Software Engineer: April 2017 - June 2020
- Designed and developed a configurable system to validate and process requests from lead providers. Oversaw development of a portal for product owners to manage configuration of their lead providers.
- Worked as part of a larger team to support the launch of a new lending product in the UK by touching up customer facing pages and troubleshooting during and after the release.
- Paved the way for the first deployments of AWS Lambda at Enova by designing and developing an internal harness for observability and pairing on the implementation of the initial deployment pipeline.
- Led a team of summer interns in developing, releasing, and supporting a project selected by our stakeholders.
- Designed and developed a real-time fraud analytics API that aggregated data features from Kafka for use in underwriting.
Software Engineer: May 2016 - April 2017
- Designed, developed, and published scout, a tool for reading SQS messages and enqueuing them into Sidekiq. (GitHub repo)
- Took over ownership and maintenance of an internal REST Email API. Negotiated with stakeholders over planning and implementation of new features.
Software Engineering Intern: May 2015 - December 2015
- Paired on developing and deploying a system for amortization of loan offers. Used concurrency patterns to significantly improve performance over existing implementations.
- Contributed to an internal framework that enabled Enova's first deployments of Go web applications.
- Completed training in Ruby, Rails, and Agile Software Development.
Software Engineering Intern: January 2014 - September 2014
- Collaborated with Senior Engineers on a full-stack web application to promote and administrate a community bike sharing program.
- Implemented the front-end design for the customer portal for the 2014 release.
- Paired on developing data access layer code in Go.
- Performed unit and load testing.
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
Bachelor of Science in Engineering in Computer Science, Magna Cum Laude, May 2016
Major: Computer Science
Minor: General Philosophy
I've highlighted some of my open source code that I'm pleased with here.